Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo box to list or subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

benu302000

Programmer
Aug 11, 2004
US
I'm trying to figure out how to bind a list or a subform to a combo box selection by related value. I'm kind of a newb to access developement so be nice if the answer is obvious. Thanks

Hi

Not sure I understand your question would it be the master/child properties of the subform control youa re looking for?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

It might be.
I'm trying to set it up thus:

combo box that has a table as it's source: already done

list-box/subform that takes key value from combo box and uses it to populate list-box/subform: not done

Get my problem? I don't know how to tell the list-box, or whatever, what to use as a control for that data that its going to be drawing from a different table, with related values. thanks

Hi

OK, in that case based the sub form or list box on a query, in the query, have a criteria of Forms!FormName!cboName in the relevant column (using your own from and control names of course), in the after uopdate of the Combo box put a line of VBA code so

Me.MySubFormControlname.requery

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

KenReay! You just saved me hours of work...thanks!
Breider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back