Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

tps131

MIS
Sep 5, 2002
US
I have a main form with 3 vendors displaying all their requirements and eval comments etc..I want to have the ability to choose a vendor from the combo box and only display the results for that particular vendor..ISSUES I have a combo box where all instances of vendor names are listed and it works when clicked on_does what I am trying to accomplish_only problem is I only want it to be listed 3 times..Any suggestions??

A simple way is to open the Query builder for the row source and change the properties of the SQL to Unique Values = Yes
Simon Rouse

Yeah I fixed that problem here is another isssue that just came up..Now that I have the vendor selection populating only the requirements of the vendor there is a subform with vendor "issues" that is currently populated with all of the vendors issues I want to have only the "issues" with the relvant vendor selected.

a subform
Check the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties of the subform.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Actually my mistake it is a list box inside of a multi-tabbed control console

And what is the RowSource property of this ListBox ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

This is the Rowsource property

SELECT [tblDI].[DIID], [tblDI].[DIID], [tblDI].[DI_Topic], [tblDI].[DI_Open_Date], [tblDI].[DI_Status] FROM tblDI;

It is basically just displaying all the "DI's" or issues of the vendors from the DI table, I need someway to link that list to the vendor listed above

In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the vendors combo you may try something like this:
Me![the listbox].RowSource = "SELECT DIID, DIID, DI_Topic, DI_Open_Date, DI_Status FROM tblDI WHERE DI_VendorID='" & Me![the combobox] & "'"

Hope This Helps, PH.

I get this error when I use that procedure.."the expression you entered produced the following error..The object doesnt contain the automation object 'Me'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back