Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box Control in Datasheet not working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

psperry2

Programmer
Nov 7, 2007
US
I am using Access 2003 using an access 2000 database.
I have a table that I added a new field called Recruiter. I put a combo box in the Lookup of the field. What is really stored is the index to a record in the recruiter table. What I want displayed is the text version of the recruiter name. All I am seeing is the ID number not the name of the recruiter as expected.

I am not sure why this is happening. On some forms in my application, I see the recruiter name as expected.

Help is appreciated.

Howzit

On your form check the column widths of your combobox. On the basis that the bound column is the first column, the column widths should be something like 0;3.5.

This means the first column will be hidden and only the second column showing.

Take it Easy
Man with one chopstick go hungry

The 3rd column is actually the one bound, First column is firstname, 2nd column is Lastname and the 3rd column is the IDnum, the primary key and the column that the combo box control is bound to.

I resolved the problem by Deleting the table and the new field, then put everything back in and it works now. Why did that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back