Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM001 Ethernet driver: unit 0 is being restarted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory356

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2007
US
I am getting this message periodically when I dial into one of our PBX's. I went into LD 48 and did a STAT ELAN and I received this

.STAT ELAN

SERVER TASK: DISABLED

Do you have Symposium or other ELAN connected devices like Call Pilot? Otherwise, why are you statting the ELAN?

This started when we installed a Signaling Server for IP Telephony on this switch. The Elan is used for that. I was looking at thread798-1427854 and saw that someone had suggested looking at the Elan on the switch side. Our vendor seems to be stumped on this issue and is about to open a ticket with Nortel but I was hoping that it was just something easy we were overlooking.

Go to LD 137 and stat elnk.

Also, if the PBX is restarting it's ethernet driver there is another issue at hand. Likely it's not liking what it's seeing at Layer 1. What is it physically plugged into? If a switch, you may need to hard code that switch port to 10 HALF (if on an 11c)

Follow the steps in the NTP to set the Active ELNK in LD 117 if there is no layer one issue.

a very popular one this, try as I have stated in corey356's link to lock the elan port speeds down on your data switch.

I did the stat elnk and got this

15948532 packets received; 14099550 packets sent
11 input errors; 3871 output errors
25359 collisions

What is NTP? What will setting the active Elnk in ld 117 do?

NTP = Nortel Bible a set of about 30 books on how to do things on the Switch. very interesting reading (NOT)

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I have changed the port settings to 10 half and made several test calls and it didnt receive the com001 error, or receive any output errors. Is there a way to clear the counters in Ld 117 stat elnk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back