Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collect digits to UUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaya_Enjoyer

Systems Engineer
Jan 4, 2023
CH
Hi everyone

I'm trying to get a vector to collect digits so i can later use them for an automated process. Let's say something like the customer having to input their Package Number so we can automatically look it up once the customer is connected to the support hotline.
Now let me start by saying that i don't have a lot of experience with Avaya and am still learning the roots. What is the simplest way to realise something like this? Are third party tools needed?
I'm stuck on the vector, i know how to collect the digits, but don't know how to "save" or "register" them as a UUI Value.

Also let me know what details are needed if any.

Best regards

Even if you saved it as a UUI, what would be your next step?

I don't think that's typically how UUI is used.

You'd want the call to go into an IVR that would take the tracking number and look it up in a database. CM isn't going to look it up in a database,

And you're taking DTMF, UUI is hex.

You can collect the digits to a local variable, but I'm not sure what you'd do after that.

The lookup of that number happens in a separate system, i just need the caller's input to be saved as UUI and forwarded to the endpoint so it can be read.

I have seen this can be done by defining variables such as:

set CH = LA SEL 7 [CH – 'asaiuui' variable, LA – 'agent' variable]

Then in the vector use a collect and then a set to send the value to UUI. But i'm not sure where the variables are set in site administrator.

EDIT: I figured it out thanks to this older thread:
Basically i set a vec variable (change variables in site admin) and set one to = asaiuui

Then in the vector i collect digits for none (This was the confusing part), then set the UUI variable = digits. The UUI is forwarded and can be processed by the other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back