Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO line problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBTC

MIS
Feb 17, 2021
PK
Hi,
We are using four J169 series phone (on H.323 firmware, Latest) with Button module. Each J169 user has one CO line specifically assign to ring that extension.( four routes having a single CO line)

First Route, lets say Route A , Incoming Destination is set to = Ext-A
Three other extension button module key is set to BUSY-IND = TAC of the Route A
All four these extension can pick each other call using the group pickup feature and it is set as *5

Now we are facing a strange problem, When an incoming call on CO line rang on Ext-A and if some other user pick that call using group pickup code then call gets pickup by the user with no problem but the Ext-A stays ringing until user manually pick hand set and then hang up. The Ext-A stays ringing even the call answered and get drop by other user.

What i am missing??? in the configuration?

There is no such thing as a free LUNCH.

That sounds like a firmware bug in the phone or in CM. Open a ticket with logs or find another way to get the calls where you want them to go that doesn't trigger the bug.

Maybe using 4 X-ported stations in between the CO lines and the J phones might work around the problem.

Thanks Kyle for the tip. I was also searching and reading the technical solution available at Avaya support and few post were referring the Tone/Cadence changes and disconnect supervision option.
Cannot open a ticket with Avaya as system is not under contract.

I will check your tip. Anybody else has some solution for this?

I wouldn't go that far. If the PBX knows the call is answered, it should have told the other phone ringing for the same call to stop ringing.

It wouldn't have anything to do with tones or even disconnect supervision.

You say pickup/hangup on the original phone causes it to stop ringing. What about if the call just ends - like the pickup group user or the caller on the CO trunk hangs up. If the CO trunk caller hangs up once they've been answered by someone who used call pickup and the original phone stops ringing, you know disconnect supervision works and that the PBX knew exactly what was going on.

Hi Kyle, this system was upgraded recently. Before the upgrade they were using Avaya digital phones and never faced such issue. It happened after upgrade and Tel set replacement to new J series phone with H.323 firmware. The Configuration is same as of old replaced avaya. The only difference between pre and post upgrade is the CM release and Tel sets. Still wondering what is causing the problem.

I tried X ported station tip but no avail. Any body has any other tip??

What version of CM are you running along with the h323 firmware version?

CM 8.1 with the latest H.323 firmware (i installed the latest firmware on these phone a month ago).

getting the same problem. Anyone care to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back