Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS API Integration

Furrye

Programmer
Aug 9, 2024
BR
Hii, There is my first thread plz be patiente with me.

In a project i need make an integration using CMS, to see all calls in a database in realtime, How i can make this? I need a CMS API ? Or Another sistem to Make this link with database, i'm starting the project and i need tips.

What CMS version? In the past you would need to setup an ODBC connection. It might require additional licensing.

do you want real time or historical data? If real time, you need clint. If you want historical data, you need ODBC.

You will need an ODBC connection to pull CMS Data Tables into another SQL server., and it does require a license.

ODBC will get you historical data (see the attached .jpg) to check your system.

As far a Real-Time, there are a number of options.

1. Use CLINT (I have not used this, so I can't really help you with it.)
2. Contact Avaya about real-time licencing or socket licencing -- heard the license are expensive (I have not used this, so I can't really help you with it.)
3. Run real-time reports from Avaya CMS and basically 'scrape' the data as you need it -- I have done this before, it works okay but is a second or two behind real-time.
4. Run python to ssh into CMS via (tty) run the real-time commands and dump the data as you need it -- I have done this before, it works okay but is a second or two behind real-time and gets complicated if you have more than 10 or so agents or a large number of splits.

C.

Attachments

• cmsodbccheck.jpg
    cmsodbccheck.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 3

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back