Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS - Agent Trace problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuelK

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
US
Hi,

Our company has a Definity G3-R, and we're running CenterVu Supervisor (v6.0).

Recently, we've encountered a problem with activating the agent trace function.

When I try to change the state of an agent trace (either turning it on or off), the system responds with "failed".

Looking through the error log, I noticed the following entry:

"Unable to execute agent activity recorder. Agent trace data is not being recorded. Call Services"

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Other than calling Avaya, are there any other solutions? I've tried shutting down and restarting CMS (which is listed as a possible fix in the documentation), but that didn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,
In order to use the trace function you must first set-up data storage allocation to do this, to check if this has been done go to CMS system set-up on "Supervisor" and under the operations tab is a title "Data Storage Allocation" when you pull up this screen you will see the various levels of data CMS will store for each type of table. Scroll down to find Agent Trace Records and make sure this is set to a level that will store the ampount of data you need.
Remember: If you need to change the data storage allocation to action this you need to switch of data collection and switch it back on once you have performed the changes for it to take effect, for this reason it is always advisable if possible to do this is down time as for the segment where data collection is off you will not be recording any data.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Phil

Data collection is on, and the data collection levels are adequate.

The Agent Trace function just stopped working one day, and now, even through data collection is on, the system isn't recording data for agents.

It's rather perplexing.

i have encountered this at some of my customer place. It is a problem with ur CMS database.

u need to run a bcheck on ur database after going into informix directory it will fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back