Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM6 Trunk Dialing plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanEOD

Programmer
Jan 11, 2008
US
Greetings all,

I have a newly installed CM6 set up in my test lab and I am trying to get something working. I have a SIP trunk coming off the CORE going to a local computer device. I am able to dial the number (4298) I have routing down that trunk internally from the CM6. But, when I try to call from an external phone, that goes down a SIP trunk through the Session Manager, I get a 404 Not Found back from the Session Manager IP address. Any thoughts here? I looked around in my dialing patterns on the SMGR and it appears that these 4 digit range should work. I do have a test phone that is 4200 that works using one-x calling from externally. But the trunk that I assigned 4298 to doesn't.

Thanks!

Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn.

Well, I figured out part of it. I went into SM and under User Management made up some dummy information for a user and assigned them the 4 digit number of 4298. Now, when I call 4298 from an external phone it is passed through SM to the core and then out the trunk to the device I am using. Now, I am just trying to get that device to be able to dial out. So basically the reverse of that. Either back through the core to a one-x phone off the same CM6, or to an extension that is external. Hummmm . . .

I'll keep trying and update this thread if I figure it out on my own!

SM really cares about the domain you dialed from. You can also apply default domains for certain ports in SM if whatever you're using to call isn't calling 4298@domain but 4298@ip

Thanks Kyle!

I got inbound working I am now trying to get outbound working, so 4298@domain.com is coming into the core, but can't call a one-x phone off the core or a number that routes out a SIP trunk to another switch. In tracing the SM I don't ever see the call ever make it to the SM so I know the core is stopping it. Any thoughts?

When I do a trace on the TAC here is the denial event I am getting no matter if it is a internal number or something that routes externally;

15:34:53 denial event 1166: Unassigned number D1=0xa023 D2=0x201

(I don't know if the D1 or D2 are numbers I can look up somewhere?)

you got inbound what working?

Your one-x phone is what? a sip phone?

Do you know the difference between SM trunks and SM sets that need an app sequence through CM?

Kyle555,

I have inbound dialing from a SIP One-X phone through a CORE SIP trunk to an end device. I can't call from that end device back to the SIP one-x phone though. Also I have a SM SIP trunk out to an Asterisk switch. I can call from the Asterisk switch to the SIP One-X phone as well to the CORE SIP trunk to the end device. I can not call from the end device back through to the Asterisk switch. Make sense? I could do a drawing if it would help.

Man I feel like an idiot, I found the problem. If I dial the AAR FAC and THEN the extension I can call through to the numbers I was previously unable to. So, I see this setting - "ARS/AAR Dialing without FAC? N" under display system-parameters customer.... however I am trying to figure out how to change that to a Y. If anyone knows easily I'll take tips are keep digging.

Well I got that setting changed to Y, but I still have to dial the AAR FAC to call from the end device, back through the Core CM, then out to a SM SIP trunk to Asterisk. Any ideas on how to remove this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back