Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM6.0 and Session Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0guespear

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2009
GB
Hello,

We currently have CM 6.0 installed and are undertaking a project to integrate a 3rd party IVR solution (Voxeo) into this.

We have now involved our Avaya BP as we need them to provide Session Manager (we do not currently have this) and assist with the SIP integration between the two systems.

What has taken us by surprise in our BP's insistance that we have to upgrade our CM to 6.3 as " The existing version of the Avaya CM does not support the provision of the Avaya Session Manager application at its current software version (CM6.0). In order to support the native integration with Session Manager, we have had to propose an upgrade to CM6.3, which we have included".

This does not sound right to us as from what I can see there should be no issues with Session Manager on CM6.0?

Is our BP correct or are they just trying to get more money out of us?

What are the differences with using Session Manager on CM6.0 rather than CM6.3?

Thanks

If they are trying to tell you that CM 6 does not support SM that is incorrect , are you sure they are not just advising you to upgrade to 6.3 so you are on the most current supported Version ,as if you need support on IVR integration this may well be the best practice , can I ask what type of support you hold with Avaya as if it is SSU the upgrade will be free licence wise , the only charge depending on your contract with the local BP will be the labour involved to upgrade CM

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

We have CM 6.0.1 and SM/SMGR running at 6.0 just fine. We are upgrading to CM/SM/SMGR 6.3 to stay current with our releases. They have to be done together. If you have AES that will need to upgraded as well. (According to the Avaya compatibilty matrix) If you do not do the upgrade and have any problems with your IVR integration, Avaya will tell you to upgrade to the latest release. Right or wrong, I've heard them say that.

Thanks for your responses. We do have SSU but it was the labour cost that we were worried about as we have an ESS that would also need to be upgraded to the new CM (session manager will not be needed at our other site and will not be resilient - company don't want to spend the cash).

Add to that the short time scales we have for this project, I really do not want to have to rush a CM upgrade at two sites, especially over th holidays.

I would like to have the upgrades but just when we do not have a short deadline to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back