Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM Interchange / Reload 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
My virtual CM interchanged and then 1 of the 2 servers reloaded causing a failover to ESS. The links from this location didn't have any outage, but within the farm and storage arrays I feel something caused this. The other teams are combating this theory. Where can I see in the CM logs what the RC was of the interchange? Not sure why after the interchange to serverB that server B then reloaded. Running 6.3.15

From Linux bash - start_date_time-end_date_time one hour window example below

sudo logc -t 20190222:1700-20190222:1800 lxsys | less

below is for matching logfile names 2019-0222*.log and looks for IPSI failures over LAN to CM servers
egrep -i pcd.*sanity /var/log/ecs/2019-0222*.log | less

CM measurements at CM Command: prompt

list measurements ipserver-interface summary yesterday-peak
list measurements ipserver-interface summary yesterday-worst
list measurements ipserver-interface summary today-worst
list measurements ipserver-interface summary today-peak
list measurements ipserver-interface summary last-hour
list measurements ipserver-interface hourly xx (xx = PN)

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Hey just found this command useful AvayaTier3. :) Added to my list of commands. You get a star!

check with your vmware admins if they are doing snapshots that would be the exact outcome

We had something similar to this last year. The information below lead to our answer.
Avaya PSN020151u discusses Heart beat timeout, duplication link, snapshots, vMotion. It's a good read. We experienced the heartbeat time out caused by an attempted unmounting of the iso used to build the original OVA. This is the vmware KB link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back