Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cm 5.0 msp changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohuhu

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
as i can see, finally avaya gave up. according to preliminary infomation, they plan to include msp rtu with any new or upgraded cm 5.0 system. whooaa. :)

that just means they'll find another way to screw us

They already are, by requiring you pay for maintenance for Call Center features in the price of the system for all new/upgrades systems starting at CM4.1

That's why I say stay away from going over R9.5 Even though some people don't want to hear it I'll say it again. When you get into license files on R10 and above. Avaya has you at their mercy! It makes sense for some companies to be at that level but for a lot of customers they really don't need to be on the latest release. Avaya announced earlier this year that they won't support you unless you are within the last 2 releases. This will force your company to upgrade every couple of years. Depending on what you have that can be really spendy. I guess it just depends on what you really need.

well staying at 9 also has a down side, once is hits end of support, Avaya will remove your MSP's, there by reducing the trouble shooting you can do.

Avaya can't remove your MSP's, if they don't have dial in access to your system. They did that to us, when we dropped support. We finally got them to put them back, then just unhooked the modem, so they couldn't dial in, and do it again. If you don't have a current support agreement with Avaya, change the phone number on your modem...

gblucas

I was told they would send a tech on site and make the changes If I did not get some sort of maintenance agreement.

Not that I threatened to remove the dial in number or anything... [blush]

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Avaya has a strange policy with this...but if an Avaya tech showed up to make the changes, he wouldn't get past the receptionist desk. If we didn't have maintenance, then there would be no reason for him to be there, so he would never have access to the system.

This is anther one of those that are in the "fine print". You can buy the system but you have to pay to use the features.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back