Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients drop of Contivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucca

MIS
Dec 21, 2006
GB
Hi All

Our customer is having some issues with VPN clients connecting to Contivity VPN routers.

“The issue that we are seeing is client connections dropping frequently and we have a mixture of version 4.65 and 6.01.120 clients. The Contivity VPN routers run version V06_05.175 .

I find that from the wireless my VPN connection drops more often compared to connecting directly to the ADSL router.”

Are there any know software issues?
Any Help Much appreciated

Mucca

how often is often? Is it consistent?

If it is a consistent drop (like say every hour), try and enable logging on the client.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but hey, it worked when I had the same issue with my users.

What type of wireless are you using?

I have seen this problem before when using some older "fat" aps (not using a centalized controller) and using WPA encryption for connectivity. The only way I could stay connected was having to drop down to using older WEP technology.

By any chance do they have Novell clients on their PCs? I ran into an issue with a client setting that would cause the tunnel to drop after about a minute of use. I believe it had to do with SLP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back