Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clicking sound on handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrooms

Vendor
Mar 26, 2010
ZA
Hi,

One of our customers is currently experiencing a problem where the users hear a clicking noise when they lift the handsets. This problem is only experienced by users that are connected onto the IP expansion shelf. The main site contains an SSC card running rls 4.50W connected to the remote shelf via an IP expansion daughterboard. I thought the problem was on the link between the buildings but this is not the case as i experience the same problem when i tested the remote SSC card at the main site. Any ideas what might be the cause of this.

what the media for the ip ckt? if it's via your network, routed or switched? unless you have bad hardware, i would look at that path..

bad hardware should be the same, 7/24.. bandwidth should be worse at peak traffic

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Do you have this problem with other IP phones on the system? If so the set up could be off on the network side. Not prioritizing the voice usually leads to choppy conversations.

I have WAY more TDM experience than VoIP. I would think that if it is provisioned correctly then it is the card.

the link between the 2 11C chassis is via the customers network. I suspect that it could be hardware because the problem is the same 24/7. Could it be faulty IP expasnsion daughterboards on the SSC cards? The customer is running M3900 series phones. No IP phones. It's a TDM solution only IP in the system is the link between the SSC cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back