Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

forestfan

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
GB
Can anyone please help . We have a user who does not wish his extension number to be displayed on the phone display when he phones other users in the company . Is it possible to withhold CLI with extension numbers internally ? I need to also make it so that his number cannot be looked up using the directory feature . The phones we are using are 6408D+ with a definity release 10 switch . Thanks .

This might be helpful:

thread690-422464

Thanks . That solves the problem of the entry not appearing in the directory . Any ideas on how I can stop the extension from appearing on other users phones . ??

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. What I mean is , if I was to ring a user, how can I make it so that my extension number does not appear on their phone display. So in a sense I would be withholding my CLI internally . Hope this makes sense . Thanks

If I leave the name blank, it still displays the extension number .

forestfan,
Let me see if I can assist you with this. First you will need to see if you have the basic hospitality package on your PBX. Type in the command: display system-parameters customer-options.
On the lower right hand corner of the page you will see Hospitality (Basic)? if it has a (y) next to it you will be able to use the following procedure.

Create a new Class Of Service and make the field for client room a (y).

Next you will need to change the users station to the new COS that you created (this prevents the extension number from displaying) and in the name field place an underscore or comma in front of the users name (this prevents the name from displaying in the integrated directory).

Hope this helps,

Brett

You can do a bridged call appearance on his station
so you can display the reception number and it will appear that the receptionist is calling.

TO make this work you need to change the station set up on
button assignments on the 3rd page of the station form

Change the call-appr buttons on the form to
1 brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:????

This way they won't who is calling

Managed to sort this out with all your help.. Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back