Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLI Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
Does anyone know the limit of phone numbers that can be added to the CLI Routing module? We want to offer toll free support for an additional fee for our users but in order for them to gain support, we would add their phone number to the CLI Routing module.

We guess there could be a couple thousand numbers. If this the best way without spend a fortune or is there another way that this can be done. I am looking for a minimal out of pocket expense.

the limit is 15 per menu action i think but you can get the database integration license and that is unlimited. you can link multiple menus together to. it just slows down the calls.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Kevin. I was working with Brian, a Carousel Rep, today to resolve some issues. How do I find out about the dB integration license? Are located in Alpharetta?

I am up in the boston ma area. The database license is called VMPRO database integration. with that you can link to a SQL or access or maybe others. then you can put all your numbers in there and have actions set with what they are supposed to do. i have set them up with area codes. when you call into this site you press 1 for sales and then it asks for your area code and you enter it and it figures out who the sales rep for that area is and transfers to them on their cell phone. I have no idea of the cost of the license but it may be worth it if you have that many numbers. To try and keep linking CLI menus together will take forever and be very sloppy. If you still have Bryans number give him a call and ask to speak with kevin. he will send you to me and we can talk about it.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You can link CLI routing actions together and it does work.

I had to do it for a site where most extns had a persnal mailbox AND a personal AA!! Made it easier for recording both greetings. It took hours to setup and that was just for 200 users.

Like KWing says, don't do it for 2K+ numbers. I've never used the DB license but I would say it is the way to go. I imagine it will be easier to maintain in the future too.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

We have a customer that routes incoming calls by caller ID and they have in excess of 800 routes in their phone system, it creates a rather big config file and it slows down any changes you make due to the validation process but it does the trick. You could check for the caller ID right when the call comes in and then route it to the appropriate module.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back