Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Class of service abbreviations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netdr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2005
US
Can anyone point me to or possibly have a listing explaining the CLS abbreviations for an OPT 11. I am new at learning the programming of my switch and I think my local tone provider techs are on permanent vacation. That and they seem to think they have the market cornered in my area this will assure them a service acct. in the future.

Rick Smith
French Quarter Resort
IT Director

If you find a stack of books laying around from Nortel? You can look in the Administration book under loads 10 or 11. Find the CLS section and all the abbreviations are listed.
If you don't have any books, MERL also lists these abbreviations. MERL= Meridian Electronic Reference Library.
I have not tried to find it on the Nortel web site, but it's probably there somewhere.
Good luck

very few techs have the time or desire to share the little that we know.

the most important cls marks are usually endding in a, nortel allow

hta hunt allow (busy treatment)
fna forward no answer (ring no answer treatment)
hfa handsfree allow
mwa message waiting allow
tdd tandem digit display
lna last number allow

the 1st class mark controls outside access to a point,

unr unrestricted
ctd conditionally toll denied
fre fully restricted

those three along with ncos and tgar control access to numbers AFTER you dial ac1 or ac2 (usually 9) ac2 is seldom used as it's not needed for full control anymore.. as the 1st post stated software i/o guide, book one of three, ld 11. i would recogmend reading cls marks as well as avaible key assignments.. i think a customer always needs maint, but should be able to do at least software changes, if not physical moves

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I've tried searching for lists of the Nortel mnemonics that I can load into my Palm, to no avail. Does anyone know of such a utility?

Thanks for the reply - john i think we know a mutual friend that I can hit up for some info. Know a tech from CenturyTel in Branson, MO? - very sharp guy!! Thanks again

Rick Smith
French Quarter Resort
IT Director

I'm new to using Tek-Tips and don't know what's appropriate. I have my own "cheat sheet" of the Meridian commands and procedures I use the most (including a page on what the CLS codes mean), but it's a 16-page MS Word document. How can I make this available to everyone?

CLICK ON FAQ AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, THEN GO TO THE BOTTOM AND PASTE IT THERE. IT'S WORTH A TRY

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I've created a FAQ with the CLS codes I most commonly encounter and what they do. It should appear on the FAQ list soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back