Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco CUCM 10.5 & Microsoft Unified Messaging 2010 SP1: Auto Attendant transfer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1121

MIS
Dec 12, 2002
US
Has anyone encountered a problem with MS UM where in an auto attendant you can't press an option to transfer to an extension back on the Cisco UCM? I can press 0 to transfer back to the operator number I define for the auto attendant (it rings back to CUCM just fine), but if I use that same number or any other number I know should ring on CUCM mapped to a key in the auto attendant, like Press 1 for Sales and it should go to ext 4500 for example...that doesn't work. Also, I can't transfer to a person by saying their name or manually dialing their ext from the auto attendant. I keep hearing "Sorry, I was unable to transfer your call". I've already double checked the UM dial plan, auto attendant, etc and made sure transfers are allowed and also compared the auto attendant to an older working auto attendant used for an Avaya system. I checked the UM server's application event log and there are no errors at all related to my trying to transfer out of the auto attendant. It's as if it's not even trying, but I guess it is. In the event viewer I do see an information event logged, showing my original call to the UM server's auto attendant number. So far I see no other problems with MS UM and Cisco other thank this transfer problem in the auto attendant.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Just a shot in the dark here, but it might be an MTP issue. Have you checked "media Termination point required" for the SIP trunk configuration in cucm?
Other than that, you might need to run some SIP traces on both systems to see if the transfered call is even making it's way back to call manager.

Yes, MTP required (media termination point) is checked. I used a Microsoft document to configure the CUCM side, so I think it should be fine. I haven't run into any other trouble except for this auto attendant transfer problem. I did a packet capture on the Cisco side to see if I could find the call from MS UM back to Cisco for the number I tried to transfer to, but I can't find anything. I see my original call to the UM auto attendant, but nothing related to a call attempt to the number I want to transfer to.

Ok, I think I have this solved. It's an issue on Exchange UM. We've always been using a traditional non-E164 dial plan in the past. I figured out that I had to configure a new entry for the 'dial rule groups' on the Exchange UM dial plan I'm using. I wish it would have at least given me an error in the event viewer so it would give me an idea of where to look. Eventually I figured it out. Since everything else seemed to be working ok, I thought it had to be something with the E164 dial plan on MS UM and how it was trying to dial the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back