Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco call manager is restarting every 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmhar

Technical User
Feb 20, 2008
SA
HI

i have in office cisco call manager 4.2, suddenly i face this problem, the call manager restarts every 30 minutes without any reason i tried to stop most of the services and stop the security agent but it was useless

any one face this problem before because i am going to reinstall it if i can't find solution for the problem

thaaaaaaaaaanks

when you do a sh ver what is the cause of the reset?

post a config!!!

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

call mananger 4.2 is server based, soooo sh ver/sh run wont work here jeter. sounds like either a power supply might be going bad or there is something set in task scheduler telling it to reboot.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Sorry looked at it wrong, that's correct there is no sh ver on the server..

Are you getting any event id's such as 2019 on the server?

K81163168 is a case log on cisco's web site. If you have a CCO you can rewiew the issue... I'm saying this is your problem but it may point you in the right direction...

Oh by the way do you have a publisher and a subscriber?

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

I really need to look things over when I'm tired. The last section should be ( I'm NOT saying this is your probelm).

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Use the RTMT to check the what is going on at the time the server resets.

Caos is the natural order of things...

thanks everyone the problem was network. there was a loop makes the network down which caus the call manager to restart again and again

Please explain... Network problem that caused the actual server box to restart?

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back