Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager and Unity Zero Out to Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgelfand

MIS
May 31, 2005
US
Hello,
Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this....We have a CCM v6, and Unity v4/5, and if I call the main telephone number, and press zero, I will get the Receptionist. BUT, if I call someones direct extension, get their voicemail, and then press zero, it says extension not available. I have two offices, have compared both, but cannot find the issue.

Suggestions?

I am not a unity expert but I think you insert that in the caller input field. Choose 0 and send to XXXX

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Find the CallHandler with the Main number on it. Then look for the Caller Input field. On the '0' see where it goes then add that to the User mailbox, Caller Input, '0' place.

The above comments are correct, however the issue is that each individual user mailbox is having the issue, not the main call handler.
To have all mailboxes and greeting use the same dial 0 option, go to the main greeting's call handler and look to see what is in the dial 0 option in the Caller Input field. Then you must go to each individual user mailbox and change their dial 0 option to be the same as as what was in the main greeting.

That should do it.

Well, I have checked and compared both of my systems, and they both have the same info for Call Handler, however my system in Texas still does not work when you get a voicemail box and press zero.

Maybe there is something I need to define in the Call Manager side?

I said above to look in the CallHandler and see where the '0' out option is pointed. THEN duplicate that on the USER mailbox's '0' out option.

We looked and they all have the zero. It just does not work. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

The ZERO pointing to an extension right? If the 0 key is setup correclty then it should transfer to the extension of the operator. Have you tried changing it on a particular box and testing?

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back