Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO 2610 half to full Duplex 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LievenV

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
GB
Hi,

My cisco 2610 is running at 10Mbs Half duplex. Can anyone tell me how and if I can get it to run at full duplex?

Thanks.

In config mode and on thae interface.....

the command is :
duplex full

If you are connecting to a Cisco or other managed switch make sure to set the port to 10 full instead of auto.

Thanks Joamon.
So I take it the cisco isn't able to negotiate? Do you know if any of these 2610's weren't able to run at full duplex or is half the standard configuration? I didn't do the setup.

Half is the standard. Clear counters before you change it and then do a show interface and check it a couple of times for errors. In half duplex you will see collisions (normal) and when in full duplex collisions should go away but you dont want to see CRC or other errors. This router is kind of touch and go when not connected to a managed switch set to same settings. I have had problems when connected to unmanaged auto-negotiating switches.

hmm, how do clear the counters?
There are a lot of collisions now indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back