Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS Does not recognise 2nd line card 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
I have a CICS that for some reason does not see the second line card. Under lines it will not allow me to enter 031 if I list lines it goes straight from 004 to 049 which appears as a target line. Maintenance only shows one card. I am not using all 4 lines from the first line card but that shouldn't make a difference. any ideas?

s/w level?

done a reboot?

Swap line cards arounds around to verify if it's a bad card or slot.

It may be that it is not programmed properly under 'Hardware'. I would verify that first!

I have rebooted and switched line cards. When I go into hardware it only shows "CD1-KSU:loop" no other cards just like it doesn't exist.

Disable module 2 in mtc, go back to hardware and see if you can toggle to get card 2 to be loop.......

It sounds like you have Restricted Software (4x8). CCheck the version number under Maint.

I agree with Hawks, worth checking that its not the restricted software cartridge...

We all get to make one really dumb mistake right? LOL. Restricted software. I always check before upgrading but I stuck a 2nd line card in 6 months ago for safe keeping.

Thanks for posting back the results - its makes forums like this so much more useful, as people suffering same issue in a few months time will see what the resolution was.

4x8 software sounds like the problem. also info can be found on the card, depending on the sftwr level it may not be using 031 as line 5 could be 025 in earlier versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back