Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Choppy calls on SV9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonybss

Technical User
May 9, 2019
US
Hello, this site I'm looking at is an SV9100 the phone system and phones are the only things on this network nothing else at all. It's a cable modem --> pfsense --> POE switch --> SV9100 --> 10 IP phones. Using a SIP trunk. Everything works just fine, except somewhere in an external call either outbound or incoming there will be a choppiness or a jitter issue or a volume decrease for about 10-30 seconds then it clears up on its own. I've been looking at Wireshark captures and seen nothing much that sticks out if looked at all the settings on the NEC and pfsense and adjusted a few things here and there, hasn't changed things much. QOS is turned off on the pfsense, the NEC has diffserve on RTP and SIP that's it. I'm inheriting this setup so I'm not up to snuff as a tech for this phone system but I can figure my way around. Thank you

Sounds like network congestion.
Have you tried different sip providers

Did you check "System Alarms".
There are some IP issues I've dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back