Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking second VoiceMail box through Visual VM button on Embedded VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolob4all

Vendor
Sep 13, 2010
US
For some reason adding a Trusted number to a user doesn't add second voice mailbox to Visual VM with Embedded VM.

To add access a group mailbox add H200 (or H#### or whatever the extension number of the group is). This will work on IPO's from R7 up.

For access to a user's mailbox from a different phone use U201 or whatever the extension number is. This will require R10, possibly R9.1 but I think it's 10.

- Qz

Release is 10.1
Default is VXXX, so I used the same for the second extension. Are saying that I need to use UXXXX format?
What's a difference between VXXX and UXXX than?

Yes use Uxxx format

Vxxx is the trusted mailbox for your own mailbox
Uxxx is the User mailbox for another user that you want to have access to.

Qzwsa said:
To add access a group mailbox add H200 (or H#### or whatever the extension number of the group is). This will work on IPO's from R7 up.
use group name not number & it will work on all firmware releases (at least as far back as Network Alchemy V2.2 possibly further - tat is as far back as I go)

Kolob4all said:
What's a difference between VXXX and UXXX than?
Snowman has give a brief answer. now would be a very good time to press the F1 key & discovery just how goo the IP Office help files actually are [smarty]

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back