Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check box problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvetro

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
IN
Hello,
I have a form that contains a couple of check boxes, these check boxes control the transparency and tabstop on other text boxes. when I go through the form the first time it works, only tabstopping and changing the text boxes to normal if value =-1 or checked, however, if the text box is ever checked then it disregards the tabstop on the text boxes from that point on. My question is, how can I get my form to react the same each time no matter if the checkbox is checked or not on the previous time. currently my code is as follows:

on click
If me_option= -1 Then
num1.TabStop = True
num2.TabStop = True
Else
option3.TabStop = True

Also, I have a the following in an update button:

Forms![me_data].me_option.Value = False

any help would be appreciated, I have been stuck on this for a while and have tried many many things.

Thanks in advance

dvetro (IS/IT--Manageme)

Just a quick one here. With the boxes that you are disableing the tab stop on. If it is to stop the user from selecting on the element then why don't you set the visible setting or the active setting on the element.

The problem as I have found is that once you change the tab stop on one element then the form resets the rest of the element tab stops to get them all in line. If you deactiveate or make them invisible them they maintain their tabs stop identifier but will not be stopped at due to their current state.

Hope it give an idea to help

Urbane Rove

Thank you, I had not thought about it that way until you mentioned it, and better yet, it works that way.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back