Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the speed/Duplx of the ELAN on Core 0 and 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
Hi All,

I need to change the ELAN Duplex on Core 0 and 1 from 10 hal to 100 full. Once I make the change on the standby side(Core) will I have to perform the cutover command so I can switch over to the other core? Or, can I still try and join the cores and then do a swap of the cpu's, do the split command and then change the ELAN duplex of the other core? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

wrong use of the cutover command.. use scpu

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks john, I know that isn't the proper command for swapping CPU's. Can you change the speed/duplex of the cores while they are still in a redundant state. I was going to do the following:

split cores->change the speed/duplex of core 1->join(I'm not sure they will join with one core being 10 half and the other being 100 full)->swap cpu's_>split cores->change the other core's speed duplex.

thanks

do in the following order:

split cores->change the speed/duplex of core 1-> cutovr -> change the other core's speed duplex -> join

remember that DATA switchs must also match or be at Autonegotiate. Also when you to cutovr command this is an intrusive INI - if you are on a call you will get cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back