Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the font within a field on a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

becca5

Programmer
Feb 3, 2002
US
Is it possible to change the font within a field on a report when using the report writer? I would like to highlight the occurence of a search term on a report when that search term is found within a memo field. Thank you in advance for any input.

-Becca

Are talking at runtime? In when your are designing your report?
If it's the second one, modify your report and select the field you want to change and from the menu go to format->font and change the font.

If it's at runtime use two text boxes (one on top of the other ) one being regular font and one being bold and in the Print When put your condition as to when you want the bold one to print, and reverse the condition for the regular font one.

Changing font for part of the text box text? You can do this only by using the RTF and General field. Before report running, prepare the text from memo field for each record as RTF text in General field using temporary RTF file and APPEND GENERAL command. Display content of General field in the OLE/Image report control bound to the field. Vlad Grynchyshyn, MS MVP, MCP
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

Thank you both for your response. Yes Vlad, I need to change only part of the text in the text box when printing it on the report. I will look into using your suggestion and appreciate you both taking the time to assist me.

Regards,
Becca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back