Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Routing Mailbox Used for Auto Attendant Based on Manually Selected Night Mode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Guy

Programmer
May 9, 2021
US
I'm wondering if it's possible to change the routing mailbox used for the Auto Attendant based solely on what night mode is manually selected at the time and not based on a schedule. I have a customer with an NEC SL1100 phone system who previously had their calls go to voicemail when night mode 2 was active. They specifically wanted to switch night modes manually—not automatically. Now they would like another night mode for lunch/meetings that would also go to voicemail and would also be manually put in that mode, but would use a different routing mailbox to give the caller a different message.
It looks like 47-12: InMail Answer Schedules could be used to choose the routing mailbox based on a schedule, but the customer would still like to be able to choose it manually simply by what night mode it has been placed in at the time, no matter what time of day it is. Is this possible on the SL1100? I seem to have found a solution for the SL2100 here, but the system I'm working on is an SL1100, and I'm probably the most familiar with Advanced View actually, so I had trouble figuring out what programs I was looking for in order to follow along.
Can anyone help? Please refer to Advanced View program numbers in PCPro (e.g. 47-11 for InMail Answer Table Options). Thanks!
P.S. I know how to name the night modes and program buttons for them on the phones, so I don't need help with that.

What type of trunks? Is this an Inmail? Yes, this is possible. There is a little bit of programming involved. You could even change the modes remotely if you have the Inmail answering.

@belevedere: I'm not asking how to switch night modes; I'm wondering how you use different routing mailboxes for different night modes without using a schedule. For example, using routing mailbox 1 to answer calls when in night mode 2, and using routing mailbox 2 to answer when in night mode 3, no matter what time of day you have it in these modes.

@erniejoey:
It uses analog trunks and InMail voicemail.

A little trick we use to do this. We use some virtual extensions.
Verify in 11-04 you have VE's 299, 298, 297, etc.
Set 24-09, 299, 298, 297 etc. to call forward all to voicemail default 399.
Set 22-02, DIL for all modes.
Set 22-07, DIL mode 1 to 299, mode 2 to 298, etc.
Change 47-03 group mailbox 3101 to 299, 3102 to 298, etc,
Set 47-03 select each mailbox type to routing, select the routing box 1-8.
Set 47-08 and 47-13 according to your AA options.

What Belevedere said is bang on. If you have the need to switch the modes remotely you can create a separate entry on your DAT to GOTO to another Call Routing mailbox with a different DAT, say 8. In DAT 8 program Digit 1 for UTRF, 7181, Digit 2, UTRF, 7182, etc. In 20-07-01 enable Night Mode Switching for the COS of the VM ports. Now if you need to change the modes remotely you can call in and press 8 which goes to CR-8, press 1 for Day Mode, 2 for Night Mode, etc. and change the modes. Hope that helps...

Thanks, belvedere, I'll have to try that out. Now would a virtual extension only be needed if the mode uses Auto Attendant and gets answered by a routing mailbox other than the default one? For example, the daytime mode (mode 1) doesn't get answered with the Auto Attendant, so that wouldn't need a VE, would it?

Thanks to you too, erniejoey, but I won't need remote night mode switching. It's still good to know how to do it, though.

The virtual extension is only needed to get the routing set up so it goes to a routing box. If you want multiple extensions to answer, use a single digit in the dial action table, place it on multiple extensions and have it ring. That way you can also set up a common mailbox if the call is not answered.

I finally returned to that job and tried the method described above. It works! Thanks again!
Note: To anyone else using this method, belvedere apparently made a typo for voicemail default. Instead of "399", I believe it's "3999" which is what worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back