Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing phone type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpower

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2011
US
Folks,
I have a Norstar CICS running version 4.1. We have just resurrected it for a new building move recently carried out. I have a problem, currently the system thinks we are using 7310 handsets (got this from maintenance->port status) but in fact we have the 7316E models. Because of this, I can't program some of the buttons properly. Is there a way I can update the CICS to recognize the correct handset type or manually set it?

thanks!

You can try to disable and re-enable in software.But I do not see where there would be a problem programming buttons on the phones.

Its ok, I found the answer. For anyone else in the same boat, the CICS 4.1 software will not correctly identify the T7316E models, it'll identify them as T7310 which is why the button programming is all messed up for me.

CICS software version 6.1 is the first version that supports this model of phone. So I need CICS 6.1 or higher...

You can still use the T7316e phones on the 4.1. It will just come up as a Legacy type button arangement where line buttons show up about half way down on the row of buttons.

Correct. Which is why I wanted to upgrade. 4.1 sees the phones as a lesser model and as such you can only access/program 4 external lines and a few of the phone buttons are unusable. So I upgraded to 6.1 to take full advantage of the phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back