Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing out a MICS cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott888

Technical User
Dec 15, 2009
CA
Hello Everyone,

I have a customer with a MICS, and 3 of the lines on the MICS work to outdial, but won't ring on an incoming call. The light doesn't even flash, but you can answer it manually when you call in. I swapped the line cards and it is not the card. Now I am assuming it would be the cabinet, not the software. What I want to do is change the cabinet, but will the programming remain, or would it get lost. It is a large switch with extensive programming. I've never backed up a system but will take a crash course on that if need be. Thanks.

Scott

Make sure you have Ringing generator at the Demarc, I just had one yesterday like that you call the line and not even a peep on the Demarc yet you could answer the call.
If you have to change the cabinet just remove the software and install it in new MICS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

If you have ring voltage and it is the cabinet then you would need to do a backup of the system and just restore that to the new cabinet. You would need NRU softeare and a RAD (remote access device).

if just happening on a couple of lines
try moving to available trunk ports or if none spare try swapping with known good ports
this should tell you if is the trunk or the port

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

i think you will loose your keycodes if you swap the cabinet if you have a pri

Thanks for the suggestions. I will make sure I check the ringing before moving forward. If not I will investigate the RAD. Hopefully they aren't too troublesome.

Scott

He stated three lines in the original post which would indicate copper, also I have change a MICS without doing a BACKUP. All I did was change the Software Cartridge and poof it was backup

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I would find a line port that works and move each line on to that port and test them one at a time.
The software cards are two pieces, if you change out the cabinet DO NOT seperate the two cards.
You should not lose any programing. I doubt it is the cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back