Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing ground start to loop start - POTS lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

dladuron

ISP
Mar 2, 2005
US
We originally had the option 11 PBX whith 2 POTS lines going tinto a ANLG M/WLC card. These lines were ground start.

After chaninging ofer to VOIP that provided loop start lines we do not know haow to reconfigure the switch.

I understand the LD commands but do not know which one to start and wherer to go to change the line types.

Any hints

Thanks

ok
sounds like I have to rebuild
As I have never done this before any tips

1) how do I delete (out the cots)
2) I assume I can use teh same data that is already layed out above?

FYI DIP does see the trunk but that is all

Check to see if polarity, tip to tip ring to ring, by using your test set. On a COT the CO gives -48V on the ring side and a floating voltage on the tip.

yes, and ld 14 out cot or tie or did etc then the tn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok going to follow your directions - one last question - how do I termin the ATDN as I want the system directory to come on not an individal phone

the number in the voice service dn table.. mermail or cp? in mer mail it's under option 3 then 4 then 1, voice service dn table, save that and option 6 is the menu service

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

sorry one more question before I move forward

1) do I remove the truncks (ld 16 out) or just ad a new one?

either way, you can just out the 2 trunks, build a new route then put the trunks back in the new route. the old route can be deleted after you get through.. it does not hurt anything to leave it in, but i usually clean up unused software

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

YES

It now allows calls to come in1

Infortunatly it does not call out.
I can her it dial (pusl) on the trunk card but nothing.

Any ideas

what do you hear with a test set on the trunk?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back