Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing from m7100 -> M7310 phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
This might be a stupid question, but I'm trying to trade a M7100 phone for a M7310. The phone "boots up" alright, but the hands free option will not work. When the person answer's the phone, their voice can be heard but they cannot hear my answer. Is there a setting that has to be adjusted? If so can someone tell me what it is and how to make the adjustment?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Hi,

My strategy would be to check what the system see the equipment as. You can do this in the system programming section of the **config menu.

You might also want to disable the equipment and then re-enable it to reset the system to see the new type of equipment.

After that, I would run the self tests, documented in the manual. --

-r

Have you checked to see if the ext is programmed for handsfree. Its in admin programming under capabilities. If you don`t know how to do admin programming, what appears on the screen when you enter Feature ** config (266344) with a password of 266344. Is it "Configuration" or "Terminals and Sets" (or does it come up "Lines" right after you enter feature ** config). Reply with the answer if you need more help and I`ll give you the exact steps. Most likely, this is your problem.

Schlum

schlum,
The first option is "A. Configuration". And I would appreciate any help that can be given as I'm not sure where the manuals are.

Also by hands free, of course I meant speaker phone. (sorry if this caused any confusion, I seem to have had a brain cramp when typing this out yesterday.)

Thank you both for your help.

Here goes. Use a 10 or 24 button set. Go in through admin programming, not the config.

Enter Feature ** 23646 and a password of 23646.

You will notice 3 buttons light up, 4 once you enter a topic.
They are used for programming and are designated as follows

Heading Show
Back Next

Your screen should say Administration
Hit the show button.
Hit the next button until you get to Capabilities.
Hit show
Hit next until you get to Set Abilities
Hit show and enter the ext you`re wanting handsfree on
Hit show
Press next until you get to Handsfree, and then change it to Yes. (using the keys under the screen)
After you`ve changed it to Yes, hit next and it will come up Auto Handsfree. Change that to Yes if you like. If it remains at no, you`ll have to hit the handsfree button in order for you to be heard.
After that, just hit Rls and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any troubles, and if you seem to get lost in the programming, just keep hitting the heading key until you get back to the Administration prompt, or hit release and try again.

Schlum

What if the first thing you get after entering the config mode is Terminals&Sets.
What do you do then please reply soon.
I tried to get into admin mode but the feature function code you supplied does not take on my phones:
Model: M7310 norstar

Try going in with Feature ** config with a password of config. At Terminals and Sets press Show. Enter the ext you wish to program and then hit Show again. Hit next until you get to Capabilities and then hit show. Hit next until you get to handsfree and change to Y.

Schlum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back