Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing from French to English

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Hello all
I trust everyone is making an attempt at staying safe during these odd times we are currently in.
I have a BCM50 that was originally setup with French as the operating language. I need it to be English.
If I do a system **STARTUP will that cause me to loose all the patch work that I have installed and any key codes that are on the system?
I will also have to clear the voice mail on the system.
Many thanks in advance for suggestions
Best Regards
Datajockey123

I presume you mean the Callpilot?
You can go into Callpilot Manager /Configuration/SystemPoperties and change the Prime and Alt languages there.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

No the system displays French as the language not English
And still having a problem getting into the system via BEM
Datajockey123

The Feature code worked, now the voice mail needs to be changed.
Datajockey123

To change the VM language through a set use feature 983. The prompts will be in French so here's what it will ask:

Login: (same used for **266344) Press OK
Password: (same used for **266344)Press OK
Press 2
Press SUIV (right soft key)
Press MOD then Ang AN (centre key)
Press CAN for Canada or the centre button for US
It will ask you for a second language, just press the centre button for French, you can change this later if you need bilingual service
Then press OK
Hit release/goodbye, the VM will be in English now.

I assume you can't access Callpilot Manager if you can't access BEM so this is the only other way.

This issue is resolved.

Factory Defaulted Callpilot via Backup/Restore

"I assume you can't access Callpilot Manager if you can't access BEM so this is the only other way."
Depends on the problem with BEM, if as an example it was an IP address or patch cord issue as an example then this would be true.
You can access the Callpilot direct without the Callpilot Launcher button inside of BEM so sometime you can access Callpilot even though BEM can have issues such as cartridge, java, user/password and so on.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back