Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing fonts with bookmarks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shauntwo

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
US
Hi,

I've got an ASK field that prompts for a simple string, and the result is stored in a bookmark.

I want to be able to use the bookmark in both a document heading and page footer of my document. My footer font size is, say, 11, while the heading is bold and size 14. The problem is, when the fields update, the footer's bookmark seems to inherit the bold, font 14 from the heading's use of the bookmark.

Is there any way for a field to use the font of the neighboring text? If not, is it possible to store the result of the ASK in two bookmarks, so that I can display each with the intended font characteristics? Thanks in advance.

Hi shauntwo,

Your Footer field has MERGEFORMAT explicitly (or maybe implicitly) specified. Change it to Charformat, so that the field looks like ..

{ Ref bookmark_name \* Charformat }

This actually applies the formatting of the first character of the field code (the "R" of Ref, or if Ref is omitted, the first character of the bookmark name) but if that is the same as the surrounding text then it will do as you want.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

You're the man, Tony - your suggestion worked great. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back