Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Directory names and extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgray1

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
What is the command to change the names associated with an extension.
It is correct if you do a dis sta xxxx, but shows up incorrectly at the attendant console.

Thks

Changing an extension would normally be done with the command: change station xxxx

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Yes.. I understand that. But the name is correctly associated with the right extension but is not correct in the directory.

You more than likely have hospitality feature turned on. This being the case, the third page of the station form has the number in the room number field. It is actually displayed from there not on the first page of the station form.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

tgray1, if you are using softconsole the attendant directory doesn't update automatically (at least on my system).

In my case I have to update the directory manually. To do this I open the directory file using the MasterDirectory application. With this application on the Data Exchange menu option you select Import, select the import type, fields, index, etc.

To create a new directory the process is the same, only select new instead of opening. Then use the Configuration Manager to assign the new directory to the attendant group and save.

Once the attendant opens the softconsole application the new directory should be available on the left tab of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back