Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changes on 61C are lost on resetting the PABX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabirawan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2009
KE
Hi , I have 61c , When i made some changes in PABX , they lost next day , please guide me whats the issue is?

Hello sabirawan,

it looks like your system was rebootet ( cold start ) befor a datadump was done, just to ensure that you do not loose data do a data dump after making changes, LD 43 and then edd

it happend after EDD , i checked it then i floated the case

After datadump a reload so datadump was probably not successfull this should be veryfied could be something wrong during the dump so that this causes the reload

No this is not the cause , we are use to, to do EDD after every change and result is successfully EDD, and due to any reason the switch hanged some days back . what happened the things which were changed during 6 months , all those lost to the previous setting ( as per 6 months before record.

I would advise you to get someone there that knows this system inside and out, to diagnose this problem. This will come back to bite you when the system fails due to something going bad. Sounds like the hard drive is not being backed up in the right location to memory.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Check that the system is in redundant mode. Had a similar issue recently where the HDD on one side went awol.

Lost quite a few changes when we replaced the drive. Turns out we were running on faulty side and EDD to good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back