Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Record--Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelly

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
US
My app has several fields that set visible = .F. or .T. based on a value in an option group. When I change records I want to check the value of a Yes/No option group and set the visible parameter based on the value.

Can someone tell me the best place to run my code. Refresh on the option group runs the code first then does the refresh.

Thanks

Shelly

That does not seem to work.

Shelly

The code could be placed right after the code that brings in the next record.

Jim

Shelly,

You say that it does not work in the InteractiveChange of the OptionGroup. That's surprising.

Are you saying that you want the visibility of the controls to be toggled when the user clicks a button in the option group? If so, the InteractiveChange should definitely work. I use it all the time.

Or are there some other factors here which I don't know about.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

When we move the record pointer to the next record, we need to check a value and then set the option group visible based on the value. This was easily done in Foxpro 2.6 in the refresh code of a screen. We just need to know the equivalent event in Visual Foxpro.

Shelly

"Refresh on the option group runs the code first then does the refresh"

I guess I'm not really understanding. Don't you want the "set visible" code to run before the refresh?

In any case, you can put your code with the routine that moves the record pointer.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back