Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change port on a DN - Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artfulbodger

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
US
Ok...got a new one here and it has me stumped...

I have a BCM 3.7. 4-digit DN's with a PRI. I also have a 4x16 module installed which isn't really being used except for 2 digital sets and the 4th line is connected to a Valcom pagaing system. I have that line (line 184) configured to be in pool B with an access code of "8."

So, if you want to use the valcom, you dial 8, enter the zone number and make your page. Everything was working perfectly until I added an extention using the wizard; something I have done dozens of times before.

here is what happend.... I added the extension, then when you dial 8 to pick up the valcom line, it rings the new extension! The extension works fine, if you dial it, it rings. If you dial via DID, it works fine too. However, when you dial 8, you can't get to the valcom anymore becuase it is dialing that extension!

Ok....so here is what I did:

Renumber the DN - no dice. The problem follows to the new DN.

No matter what Pool (A, B, C, etc) or Access Code I give it (or combination of the two), when I try to dial the valcom, it goes to this extention.

When I look at port configuration for all my DN's, they are in the 07xx range. The lines are in the 01xx range. The port for this DN somehome got assigned 0106 so I am guessing this is where the problem is.

So, my question is, how do I remove/change/whatever that port from that DN? Anyone seen anthing like this?

Thanks in advance!

-----

Allan D. Reed

I don't have any hunt groups or ring groups configured. Just double checked and no DNs are in either.

As for the extention, we are using 4 digit DN's from 5200 throuh 5299 (we have 99 DIDs). This was x5235. When the problem manifested, I changed the extention to 5234. The problem followed the DN. (I used the DN renumber wizard).

If I create a new extention for this new employee, his extention works fine (which is what I did). However, when I dial 8 for paging, it is still trying to go to the DN with port 0106 mapped to it.

-----

Allan D. Reed

Here's an update....

We needed to get paging going, so I removed line 4 (physical line 184) from Pool B. I moved the Valcom to line 3 (physical line 183) and placed that line in the pool. Paging works great.

I then decide to bring up the extension (i2004 voip phone) and as soon as it registers, the problem is back. So, I have moved it to line 2 (physical line 182). So we can page.

Now, to try and diagnose this issue, I put line 184 into pool C and give it an access code of "6." Now, when I dial 6, it tries to connect to x5234. Funny thing is, the dial tone provided by the BCM doesn't go away. So, somehow when I dial to access that pool it is stuck going to that DN.

If I try the same thing with line 183 (dropping 184 from pool c), it tries to go to x5235 with the dial tone still in the background.

Of course, since those DN's have been deregistered, it says "Not in Service" after about 10 seconds.

I don't want to keep diagnosing becuse I have one open CO port left and pagaing is absolutely critical.

Any ideas?

-----

Allan D. Reed

Not only did I do a reboot, but I restored from a known working backup.

Problem is, I think this problem existed before I did the backup, I just didn't know about it, so my backups (seem to) have the problem "embedded."

This one is going to send me to the funny farm....

-----

Allan D. Reed

When I assign the previously working line to a key on my set, all I get is silence (the valcom being plugged in of course). If I move it to a working line and assign that line to key on my set, I get the valcom tone indicating that I have connected and it is ready to page.

Now another update....

Reboots didn't work, so I decided to disable, then re-enable the DTM and the ATM. In my haste, I couldn't find the "disable" option, so I changed the PRI to E&M with the plan, I would just change it back. Well, it renumbered everything. Everything stopped working. I rebooted, and changed it back to PRI. It reconfigured everything again.

That fixed the analog ports (line 182, 183, 184) from "going away." They are back and working...until.

I went to add the extention in (what started this whole problem) and the issue came back..... I did the PRI thing described above and fixed it back, but for the life of me, I cannot add this extension.

If I add the extension outside the DID range (say DN 5401), it works fine with the exception there is no DID and that defeats the purpose. It has to be something in the config, but I don't know where to look. I hope my diagnostics can help...

-----

Allan D. Reed

The 4x16 module is not used on 3.7 here in the UK .
Looking at my course notes i don't see any mention of it.

So i will go in blind here.
I will assume it will require 2 buses.
do the extns work on the bottom 16 and what is the number range on this card.

I was thinking maybe the bus and offset not set correctly.

You mention before getting dial tone on the line port.Quote Below
"Funny thing is, the dial tone provided by the BCM doesn't go away. So, somehow when I dial to access that pool it is stuck going to that DN."

did you plug a butt set in to this port and see if you can dial from it.
That would be strange on a line port..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back