Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change outside line from 9 to 8? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I'm on an option 11c, was hoping someone could offer some help. We have received several calls from 911 that we are dialing them several times during the day. Can I "easily" change the way users dial an outside line from 9 to 8?

Go to LD 20 and
REQ PRT
TYPE DNB
DN 9

Post results here so I cna see and then I will beable to advice.

so all you have to do is change ac1 to 8 if 8 is vacant.. best thing to do is route spn 11 to somewhere other then 911 dispatch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How can I check that John? As you know I'm a bit new at this stuff

I beleive to change AC1, it is done in LD 86 but I like johns idea.

LD 86

REQ a....a Request (a...a = CHG, END, LCHG, NEW, OUT, or PRT)
CUST xx Customer number associated with this function
FEAT ESN Feature = ESN (Electronic switched network)
AC1 xx One or two digit NARS/BARS Access Code 1

Is this what you want or do you want to establish who is dialling it ... As John Says you could capture them in the AC1 SPN's to route to an internal extn say, but it will effect actual '911' in the meantime, then take it out again once established who it is ?

Cheers!!

I'd just like to take the 9 out for everyone, have everyone dial 8 to get out instead of a 9.

OK Now Go to LD 20 and
REQ PRT
TYPE DNB
DN 8

Post results here so I cna see and then I will beable to advice.

I am having the same problem... Here is my DNB print out...

REQ PRT
TYPE DN
CUST
DN 9

NACT

Please help!!!

Sorry I typed it in wrong my above print out should be:

REQ PRT
TYPE DNB
CUST
DN 8

NO ACCT

Thanks,

JL

Would the command look like this:

LD 86

REQ CHG
CUST 0
FEAT ESN
AC1 8

Please advise...

Thanks,

JL

Go to LD86
Req PRT
Feat ESN

In your Case AC1 will = 9

You need to change that, as you've already ascertained that 8 is not used then you can use it!

We had a new PRI installed this week after I made the change from AC1 9 to AC1 8. Unfortunately the new ACOD for the PRI is 8990 which obviously conflicts with my new access code. I don't know enough about this, but can my telco change the ACOD to something else to so as I can continue using 8 as my access code?

Thanks,

JL

You control the ACOD, you can make it anything you want. prt your RDB in LD 21 and see what the other RDB use for ACOD and use the next number.

My ACOD's are
Route o 8000
Route 1 8001
Route 2 8002

I can change thenm to any available number I want like

Route o 6000
Route 1 6001
Route 2 6002

Print your RDB in LD 21. You will see the ACOD on the RDB print out. Change the RDB in LD 16 and carriage return down to ACOD and change it to something that doesn't conflict. Check your LUDN in LD 20 first.

Thanks guys I got the ACOD changed and AC1 changed to 8. Jamie can you elaborate on the SPN 11 fix. I am still new to this and never had to change anything on this scale before.

Thanks,

JL

Is the reason you wanted to change from 9 to 8 because of people dialing 911? I think that's what jamie is refering to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back