Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change outside line from 9 to 8? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I'm on an option 11c, was hoping someone could offer some help. We have received several calls from 911 that we are dialing them several times during the day. Can I "easily" change the way users dial an outside line from 9 to 8?

Yeah that is why we changed. Is there a way to still make 911 work in case people panic. We have it posted all the phones call 811 or 8911, but we are worried that someone won't figure that out in an emergency.

Thanks,

JL

IF you have a security desk, you could also direct 911 calls to your security desk.

If I am reading the instructions correctly her is what I got...

It will help me setup 8911 and 811 as long as they go out my current RLI for 911. Is there a way to setup 911 instead of 811 so I can dial that instead or am I just missing something?

I don't want and SPN 11 because that allows 811 correct? Basically I still have the same problem as I did as dialing 9 or 8 as an access code correct? There is just a delay between the 911 call being routed.

I thought I had this down but I am starting to get really confused.

If you leave it at 9 instead of 8, then gene's instructions work. Did you read all notes at the bottom. You must read all the Notes.

If you put it back to 9, then 811 won't work unless you build a SPN 811, so don't worry about it.

In the future it's always better to tell us what you want to do and why and then we can come up with the best answer's.

Sorry I didn't explain my problem to well. We use 9150s and RLCs to connect to our Option 11c PBX. The problem is that the 9150s immediately bypass our PBX and dial out the backup PSTN line for that box when 911 is dialed and there is no way to turn off the feature as far as I have been able to find.

That is why we needed to change to the 8 instead of 9. I have implemented Gene's instructions for SPN 11 AND SPN 811 which should help alleviate some of the problem, but I need 911 back.

thanks,

JL

ace --

I am by no means meant anything bad by most. I am just glad you can understand my limited amount of information that I have provided.

I'm sorry if my incoherent ramblings have not provided enough information about my problem.

Thanks,

JL

Not a problem, will all started somewhere and had to learn by our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back