Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change key used to access outside trunk/line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirluke34

MIS
Jan 31, 2014
DE
Hello All,
I'm looking for a way to change the key/number used to access an outside line on a NEC SV8100 v9.50 system. Our parent company is in Germany, so the country code is 011. Sometimes users forget to dial the 0 or double-tap the 1 after dialing 9 to get outside access and then of course the cops show up at the door due to a accidental 911 call.

I would like to change the key to access external lines to 8 or something different if this will potentially interfere with something else. Or, if there are other best practices, I would like to hear them as well.

I have tried contact my phone vendor for a couple weeks now and he doesn't return my messages, so I've begun to search online for answers. I am the sole IT member here, so of course anything to do with the phone system falls under my jurisdiction. I have a decent amount of experience with Nortel/Norstar systems, but am new to the NEC world.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Let me know if I need to provide more info.
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back