Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized voice mail bcm400

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleduc

Technical User
Feb 27, 2007
CA
Hi
I have programmed centralized voice mail on a bcm400 4.0 with a PRI and VoIP trunk (H323 and bcm50 2.0 at the other end), all work great except 2 things.

1-When we activate the feature "redirected dn" in the call pilot, if someone take his cell phone and forward it to the business main number, I call on his cell phone and I get the general delivery mailbox instead of the auto-attendant. If this feature is deactivated, all work ok.

2-If someone leave a message to a mailbox program for a set of the bcm50, "Mess" appear on the screen of the phone. This is ok. but if someone leave a message in the same time of all the iptrunk are busy, "Mess" never appear. Even if the ip trunk are coming free.

Thanks all for your help.
gl

For item 2:
You're basically hosed. It will only send the code to turn MWI on once. It will not send it again.

For item 1, can you provide more details?
Why would somebody forward their cell phone to a business?
What type of trunk does the call arrive on?
Is the trunk the call arrives on set to answer with AA?
In how many rings?
Have you used BCM Monitor to watch the call setup?

-SD-

gleduc

I have a similar setup using SIP but having an issue with lighting the lamp on the far end.

how do you redirect the calls to the BCM50? target line redirect? or destination code only?
I'm wondering how you got the lamp to light on the far end.
how many digits is telco sending?

thanks

did you try to monitor the cell phone fwd to see what comes in? strange it wouldn't treat it as a normal incoming call.

It's only dialtone-VZ

Hi SupportDube
For the cell phone, it's example, the president go on vacation and don't want to receive a call on his cell so he forward it on the business phone number.
The use a PRI and the problem is even if it's a DID directly on a set (don't go on his mail box, go on the general delivery mailbox) or it answer by AA (go directly on the general mailbox).
I have monitor with bcm monitor and the line come in with the good DNIS.

thanks
gl

hi vzteck
you need the mcdn keycode
you need a target line on each phone on the bcm50 and activate the feature Vmsg set.

gl

I have a 4.0 400. PRI to SIP. I'll try the same thing with my cell and let you know what I get.

so the call stays at the main location of the PRI correct?
VOIP is out of the picture for this issue?

It's only dialtone-VZ

Yes the call stay at the main location. I have the problem even if we don't VoIP. when I activate the feature redirected dn, I have this problem.

Thanks
gl

gleduc ...
Do you have the latest Core Patch installed, 400.218?
There was a similar issue corrected by that patch.

So, when the cell phone is forwarded to the business number, this is a number that AA normally answers?

VZtech ...
What version is your BCM50?
Have all current patches been applied at both ends?

-SD-

Hi SupportDube
Yes this patch is installed and the problem is still there.

Yes the cell phone is forwarded to the back door of the business. If I call directly the back door, it's answer by the AA and if I call the cell phone it go directly in the general mailbox.
I have try it with another phone and the same problem happen.

thanks for your help.

gl

This is a shot in the dark. Check the Caller ID Routing table in the AA. I once had set my cell phone to route directly to my customer contact extension to demonstrate the feature. Forgot to remove the item from the table and spent some time finding the problem on the next visit. I was using my cell phone to test the work I had just completed and every call routed to his extension.

Rob

Hi rconn

No there is no Caller ID routing table programmed in the system. I have try it with 1 other cell phone and 1 residential phone (forward to any DID in the business) and we always have the same problem.

One thing I saw. In bcm monitor, if I monitor the PRI with UIP. I have something write " Original called party number - E.164/National - <cell phone number>"
I don't have this line if I call directly the business number.

Thanks
gl

Hi all

If someone have a bcm400 4.0 with a PRI.
Can you test when you activate the feature "enable redirect dn" in the call pilot and you forward your cell phone (or any other phone) to a line answer by AA.
Just see if it's answer by AA or general mailbox if you call your cell phone.

Thanks
gl

If I am following the post correctly, (and I may not be), is the BCM trying to prevent a loop? It sees a set redirected to a TN (cell phone) and then receives a call from same TN (cell Phone) and routes the call to GD to prevent the calling TN (cell phone) dialing the extension which is forwarded to the calling number.

Just a thought.

Rob

Hi rconn
no, the cell phone is forward to a line (DID) answer by AA. This line is not assigned to any extension. It's only answer by the table in the call pilot.
If I call this line directly, it was answer by AA.

I just try it on 2 others sites, and the same thing happen...
I'm very confuse of what happen with this...

thanks
gl

If I follow, you have redirected the extension to another cell phone and forwarded the cell phone to the DID which is answered by the AA and the call still goes to GD. All I am saying is that BCM is the only device which has the information that an extension is forwared to a particular number and when it see that number on an incoming call it will not allow a possible loop to occur by forcing the call to GD.

A CLID table entry will supersede an AA table entry for example. It is possible the BCM is protecting itself from a loop being established by comparing various entries in the programming. If the call was allowed to procede normally and the caller selected the extension which is forwarded to the calling number then a loop is established.

Maybe I am making this more complicated than it is. Have to go to work now, I will watch with interest for a resolution.

Good Luck,

Rob

Hi rconn
I don't have a redirected extention. It's the feature in the call pilot for centralised voice mail who is activate.

There is no CLID table programed in the system.
If I desactivate the feature in the call pilot and I call the cell number (forward to the business) all work ok, I get the aa. but when this feature is active, got to GD.

gl

gleduc

I tried it out with no issues. I have redirect on for my centralized vmail.
called my cell from my home
my cell is call fwd to the company

main number (local number)
then I tried
main 800 number
then I tried
then tried it to someones DID on the BCM

if I call directly the business number.
monitor the PRI with UIP. " Original called party number - E.164/National - <cell phone number>" shows up

no problems it's a BCM 400 4.0
the PRI is B8ZS ESF
I put the latest PEP's on it last Thursday (all of them)

Gleduc REBOOT !!!! : )

It's only dialtone-VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back