Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdue

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2007
US
Has anyone had any problems w/a CDR link showing as up, but not sending data? Our output file was empty so our network engineer rebooted that several times to no avail. I finally busied out the link and the data started dropping in. We lost a few days of data. It's an S8700 w/CM 3.1.1

Is your CDR configured as IP or data module?

Check on the Avaya Support site for PSN # 946U with patch 12464

PSN # 946U - CDR with RSP link is up, but no data goes to CDR device
Problem Description:
RSP (Reliable Session Protocol) is used to send CDR data from Communications Manager to the device. The status CDR command shows the link is up, but there is no CDR data being sent to the collecting device.

You may also want to check to make sure your CLAN's have the most up to date firmware. We had a similar problem and this resolved it.

Thanks to all!

I have also heard that the patch does not fix the problem.

Since you are running CM 3.1.1 (which I have had numerous problems with, almost as many as CM 3.0.1), you can upgrade that to CM 3.1.4, it uses the same CM3 licnese you have now. You just need the CD, and it'd a very easy, none disruptive upgrade on an S87XX platoform, since you upgrade the standby server first, then interchange, then upgrade the former active server, which is now in standby... I have done numerous CM 3.1.4 upgrades. If you can't fix the CM 3.1.1 problem, move onto even newer bugs with CM 3.1.4 :)

Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back