Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRiver31

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2009
US
I have a customer who would like to be able to keep track of calls and run reports to see who is answering calls. I have never used CCR before but this seemed like the best option to me. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance Michael.

amriddle01,

Thanks for you response. Is the Tim Plus pretty user friendly and easy to set up? The one downfall I had with the CCR is that it has to be run on a version of Windows Server. The voice mail machine I have is running XP. Do I need any licenses from Avaya to run Tim Plus?

Thanks Michael

no avaya licenses, just the tim licenses. i used to use it. its a good app. depending on where you are based there will be other options. Oak is good too.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

If you need real time info then a call centre app like CCR is what you want (does Tim give real time, never seen it?!?!)

If you just need historical reporting, then you need a call logger, again like Oak mentioned above.

Call Centres require per seat Agents licensing and Call Loggers are usually based on system size.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Tim does give real time stats and wallboards yes, equally as pretty as CCR's and is more flexible than CCR (which still needs developing in my book) Have not seen what Oak does, but I think both will turn out cheaper than CCR too :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

I am currently using CCR - it has many problems inlcuding transferring calls and parking calls causing a mis-synch in the live stats. CCR wihtout partner support can become very expensive very fast. CCR also does not support multiple sites.

I am testing TIM Plus and it doe slook good but I am not able to figure out how to find calls taken by agents poer huntgroup.

Oak I have now called top ask about their software and am awaiting a call back.

Why are all these companies in the UK?

I am also considering Call Suite - oricey as it may be.

Avaya, Panasonic, Polycom, APC, MCP, A+
##################################
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Sorry Tom -- kind of meant that as a joke nothing more..

Ok So Oak ( called back and they do not do Realtime statistics only historical but they do handle multiple sites and use a Firebird RDBMS ( Waiting to hear from TIM Plus now about if they can handle realtime stats (wallboards current callers in queue) and what thier database is.

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.

bad link given -- Oak is at

so did i :) the internet doesnt emote well. guess thats why smileys were invented.

question for recent TIM users. i take it they can do direct smdr now and don't need delta server?

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Yes TIM uses direct SMDR now. It seems that had access to delta server in the past but in my test install I am using just SMDR.

TIM does not do live call information just historical (confirmed from TIM support).

Tom, you do understand that CCR is for callcenters ?
yes there are problems with CCr but if calls are routed to CCR group straight away there aren't that much problems at all.
CCR is good and will be better soon.
When the Q2 release is there you will be a lot happier.
Do not forget it is a new product which need some development.
And without feedback from the real world it will never be perfect :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

tomdefeo, I guess someone better tell TIM's support people they do in fact do live stats.....see below:

Untitled-1.png

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Yes they have live stats on calls that have finsihed. But they cannot track calls in queue. The software only analyzes the SMDR data it is not a CTI connection.

Right now I am between waiting for CCR to get up to date, Call Sweet Live, Zeacom ZCC, and several others I am still waiting to hear back from.

tlpeter - do you have any inside information on when CCR will be multi-site compatible, I know it is in the framework, but I do not know when it will actually happen.

Understand I did already buy the CCR software and have been fairly happy with it (I know it is a new app) till recently when my main client expanded to a multisite operation.

True outbound calling is not a CCR strong point. I haven;t considered that -- thanks for adding to my headache .LOL

There will be more outbound.
Multi site is on the roadmap.
If it is possible then use a dedicated ipo for the callcenter.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back