Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Tree Loops instead of going to Gen MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttscanada

Programmer
May 4, 2007
CA
Our customer has a BCM50 ver 2 software.

The Auto Attendant picks up, plays the greeting and continues to CCR Tree 1. At the end of that greeting there should be a short pause and then the call should get transferred to the General Delivery Mailbox.
It works this way on our test system.

This customer's system has the pause, but then loops back to the start of the CCR Tree. This will continue indefinitely unless the customer actually chooses an option.

I have compared our test system to the customer system and can find nothing related to this. Help files are equally vague.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Do you have Return to AA on?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

I have recently had this problem on a system that I upgraded to 2.0. How I was able to get around it was I recorded the whole greeting in Greeting 1, recorded a second of silence in CCR Tree 4 and assigned greeting table 2. I had everything set up in Greet 1 CCR 1 and Greet table 1 and it was doing the exact same thing you are describing here.

Hope this helps.

You might want to see if the Gen. Delivery m/b is turned on or not. Get to it by doing F983, enter p/w, then hit #6.

Thanks for the responses
Return to Auto Attendant is turned on, but I have tried turning it off. It made no difference.

The General Delivery Mailbox is turned on, and I am able to dial it and leave a message in it from the Auto Attendant.

I will have a look at the second CCR tree that Dan suggests and let you know.

Check touch tone gate to see if it's on. If it is on it will cause this very problem.

I am having the same problem, please post if you hae any solution.

I just changed a system to do the opposite, the AA will repeat itself once then it would go to the GDM, the customer did not want that so I had to go and disable the GDM not it will just loop indefinately. Are you sure that the GDM is enable, you can still call into the MB even if it is not enabled the AA just will not use it.

there is a problem with bcm50 release 2.the call will not go to attendant phone on first loop but will transfer to attendant phone on second attempt.There is now a patch out to fix this.
After the patch is installed you need to go to AA-general settings-untick the new option to allow call to go to Attendant extn.Default is to return to CCR Tree.

Sorry for the delay...for some reason I'm not getting emails anymore when a reply is posted.

Thanks Snowman....do you know which patch it is? I thought this system had all available patches applied so would like to check.

i dont think that this is patch related issue i have come across this problem a few times and i wanna say its the touch tone gate like formulacoop said if i had the callpilot in front of me i could tell u exactly. i can tell u that when u login its under the first section of programming i believe configuration and i wanna say that its the first thing under that. u will get a list of numbers i thing you need to make it 0 not 1 which is causing the loop. i know a 100% this is your problem ive had it happen and ive fixed it with this procedure.

Thanks norstarboy125
I will check the touchtone gate again, though the last time I looked it was not turned on.

Thanks snowman50, I got my hands on the patch and will try loading it.

BCM50

As i mentioned earlier, I am going through the same thing.
I have already checked under AUTO ATTENDENT PROPERTIES:
1 Return to Auto-Auto-Attendent is not selected.
2 Touch Tone Gate has set to none.

Please help.

Still waiting on the Smartupdate 04 patch to come available on my suppliers ftp site

Will let you know once I've been able to load it.

anyone found any solution to this?

Please help.

Loading the SU4 patch corrected the problem on the system we were having trouble with.

Thanks to all for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back