Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Tree Incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnndn

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
Sorry if this is a repeat. I didn’t see my first post on line

Norstar Plus release 1 T1 & StarTalk Flash

StarTalk Flash System died after extended power failure. I’ve had to reinitialize voice mail system, build mailbox’s and rebuild the CCR Tree and based on it not working it’s obvious I did something wrong. Mailbox access & AA works fine, but I need to get the CCR going.

Original CCR allowed anyone calling into the system to listen to a message with a list of names & their extension. Anytime during the announcement you could enter an extension (dial extension 23 and be transferred) or you could press “1” and could listen to the same message in Spanish and have the same ability to listen to the directory and then enter the number.

I have Path “0” as a menu, then added Path “1” as a menu. I saved, attempted to enable and get the message incomplete tree. After digging into the books, I believe my problem is Path “1” being a menu – because it shows it needs another level and I don’t want that.

I don’t know enough to decide if Path “1” needs to be type Information Message – if so, can a person dial an extension number as above?

Thanks in advance for any help

You created path 1 as a menu...when realy its not.
It becomes a menu when you create another path within that path.
For list of sales press 1.
For Joe blow press 1 (path 11)
For Shyster of the year press 2 (path 12)

So if you need to fool it to thinks it's complete then create a dummy path 18 and make it a transfer to reception or where ever.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks for the fast reply.

The way the CCR worked: "Thanks for calling xyz company, if you want to hear this message in spanish press 1 now. If you are trying to reach john doe - dial x23, if you want sally doe - dial x24, if you want to speak to sales, jack is x25, sally2 is x26, if you want refund department, doe is x27, ray is x28 and me is x29"

If you pressed "1" from above and listened to the same message in spanish, you could dial any of the extensions at any time once you heard the name/ex. number.

So, If I remember, if you didn't press anything, you went to the general mail box?????

Guess this is where I'm lost. It sounds like Path "1" should be a information message because I think I saw where you could route it to x26 (General Mailbox) once it completed. I just don't know if a information message allows you to input an extension number during the message??

Thanks again

You don't need a CCR Tree. You were just using the AA capabilities. Out of the AA Greting Table 1, Greeting 1, you could give your spiel. Callers can enter any DN you say and ring to that telephone. Pressing 0 gets you the recpt. telephone which could directly to GD or ring the recpt. and then go to GD.

A CCR Tree is only needed when you say, "Press 1, or 2, etc., and have it go to a specific location.

"Adversity is Opportunity

it is probably easier to set up what you want using the ccr tree.
I usually do it fast and dirty using the home menu "0" for my greeting and instructions and not bothering with any of the AA greetings.

Thanks for the reply's.

It is definitely a CCR tree that is being used. I have to disable the tree to change the recordings when employee's leave/are hired by the company. Once recorded, enable the tree.

People in the office record the Spanish message for Path “1”.

Path “0” is the normal English greeting telling callers the employee name and extension to dial. The extension can be dialed at any time during the announcement (just like AA). But – if the caller presses “1” on the keypad, it sends them to Path “1” which is the same message, only in Spanish. During this message, the caller can listen for the employee name/extension and dial it at any time.

So I am sure that Path “1” cannot be a “Menu” item since it needs a sub-level to terminate it. The real question is – should Path “1” be an information message? And if so, can this type of message be used to give employee name/extension and allow the caller to dial that number any time during the message?

Any ideas would help – thanks in advance.

no path 1 should be a menu and then the sub menu should be a path 11 12 13 etc but in the lev 1 menu just tell them to press 1 2 3 etc
if in the path 1 menu you have instructions to press*21 *22 etc you are just doing a transfer to the local and there is probably no path set up and it might not be a menu. but if you are building this or trying to fix it why not make it a menu and build the sub menu Its not difficult to do it properly.

curlycord is correct

path 0 menu (English)
path 1 menu (Spanish)
path 18 transfer (operator ext)

done

path 18 completes ccr tree, may not be used but needs to be there

if you make the path 1 a information path ,you will not be able to transfer to ext ,just listen to the message and hangup/go to previous path ect.

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Isn't "9" (or "7"?) used to active alternate message (Spanish)??? That's how I've always done it.

Thanks for the fast responses

I'll head out and try path 18 to operator. It sounds like that's the step I was missing.

Again - thanks for all the help

Fireeater

That was the information I was looking for, path 1x was the step I was missing/didn't understand from the manual.

Many thanks - I owe you a cup of coffee!

Thanks to everyone for the fast response to my crisis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back