Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR issue? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amriddle01

Programmer
May 2, 2007
GB
Anyone had an issue with CCR (all latest R6 etc on 500) where a groups voicemail will suddenly show 65000 or so messages in VM Client (and it say's it when you access the VM too) this just started happening since CCR was added, am going to run traces tomorrow :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Yeah call your BP or do some RTFM !!!
It is design intent you #$#$ :)
Do you just need to respond on all those voicemail messages you get!

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Funny thing is SSA shows the true amount of voicemails and it's usually SSA that's a load of bollocks. It's the VM Client and the handset/the Avaya bird that tells you that you have 64000 new messages, but dialling in remotely to VM the Avaya bird says you have the correct amount of new messages....it's crazy.
And being that I'm one side of a Business partnership that makes Avaya my BP and I don't want to sell my car to pay to escelate this issue to them :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

There is an issue with 46/56xx phones and visual voice.
Am I in the right direction ?

Today was the first time I saw it.

I actually have a user who told me they have 65,000 voicemails too. I asked. "65,000?", she said yes.. I put it in the back of my to-do list since I checked SSA and it said she "only" 256.. So I figured she was exaggerating.

I do have CCR running, but I don't know when this started happening.

Seems to be an issue after all.

It is and SSA for this customer also shows 256 but I thought that was correct as it's a group, so can we narrow this down slightly to visual voice with CCR you think :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

5410'2 and 5420's server 2008 standard r2 for the voicemail. Ip 500v2

They are on a 412 6.0.8 using 54xx

VMPro
CCR
1XP

This is the CQ:

CQ43546 Visual Voice on 5410/20 phones - Change password/passcode feature does not function correctly 6.0.8 SP_RELEASE_3Q10_6.0 1-Not Required

Not really related but perhaps it is causing this problem.

@amriddle, we are a distributor and we bought the support hours for our customers, all Avaya BP's.
We decide wether or not to escalate a case to Avaya, if we decide not to then the BP can buy its own support hours and escalate to Avaya, their problem.
This is clearly a bug so i would not hesitate to report it.
We are thinking about claiming the costs we made investigating problems while it is a proven bug, we just want to bounce the ball back to Avaya. They let us pay, we let Avaya pay. An eye for an eye, i believe is the english saying....

Now you know why i removed my comment at the end of the posts. I think we can even earn money on these cases:)

They have visual voice setup, I don't know if they use it though. This user just said when she checks her messages. She has voicemail to email, so she hardly goes into her mailbox, so I don't know when this would have started exactly.

Let her try it with *17.
I would love to hear: you have 65.000 new messages and you have 1 old message :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back