Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC6 Real Time Displays 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution1200

Programmer
Sep 29, 2005
GB
Hi All,

We had our provider over this morning to do a call pilot integration with CC6 and since the first reboot of the server this morning we have had no real time displays - we get an error saying that the server is down or network problems.

Tonight the vendor came back and applied all the latest PEPs but still no joy (Now 1am).

This is on a co res server and from the tools they used it looks as though the CCMS is sending the real time data but the CCMA is not sending this on.

We are now looking at the possibilty of either nortel looking into this or a server rebuild.

Has anyone had a problem similar to this that they were able to resolve?

Cheers

Stuart

The actual message is 'The system could not retrieve any data from the server because either the server connection is down, or there are currently no skillsets logged in. If the server connection is working, then try launching the display again later.'

This is a symptom of multicast not working. Check that all of the services are running on the server via the sytem monitor, particulary RDC and RSM. I guess another re-boot would be in order.

Hi Captaingadget,

Thanks for you responce.

The server has been rebooted about 6 times yesterday while BT attempted to fix the problem - all to no avail.

All services are up and running - at the moment this comes to the real time displays as unicast traffic, however they tried both methods on the server to see if they could get it to work on the server but no go.

Cheers

Stuart

Did you have any call centre activity at the time. I've found that the RTDs don't populate unless there are agents logged in, calls made etc.

DD

DD has made an excellent point there must be agents logged in etc. Assuming that the call centre is active has multicast ever worked or have you always used unicast. I believe there is a unicast limit i.e. number of concurrent sessions, could this be it?

Hi DancingDave,

There have been agents logged in the whole time taking calls - although the above error is from the skillsets display, none of the others work either.

We have loaded the fat client onto a couple of PC's on advice from the vender and we can see the real time stats using this - not ideal in any way though.

Stuart

Hi,

Now into day 3 of this problem and still no joy from the vendor, looks like Nortel are now going to get involved.

Never realised how nice the real time displays are in CC6 until looking at the 4.0 RTD's.

Will let you know when/if this gets fixed.

Stuart

Hi,

Just an update - we have now lost the temporary mesure of getting the real time stats via the thick client so we are now flying blind so to speak.

nobody at the vendor seems to have any idea what is going on.

Stuart

Load the real-time-display right in the CC6 server see if it work there?

Hi 9021,

Thanks for the reply - this has been tried both multi cast and unicast but no go.

Using one of the tools on the server we can see that the CCMS is sending the data but for whatever reason the CCMA is either not receiving the data correctly or is not sending it on - they are both co res.

There is a couple of things the vendor wishes to try tommorrow, but if that fails (I now beleive it will) we are going for a server rebuild.

Thanks

Stuart

check the host table on the cores server, make sure the right info i.e. IP and name is in the host table and verify the Multicast IP send and receive are correct.

Hi yyrkroon,

Thank you for your reply, they have checked this also, we are now going for a server rebuild on Sunday night - fingers crossed it all comes up properly on Monday morning!

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart.

move to affiniti (kingston)........

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Hi Mickeyb123,

Thanks for the advice - but might be a bit far away for support - I am in scotland.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi All,

Just an update - we rebuilt the server over night and when done we had no real time displays - after many reboots and scratching of heads BT tracked the problem down to the host file.

when we had sccs 4.0 the server was named dbdirect_tel, when we upgraded to CC6 we had to have this changed to a name without the underscore, but we could only do this after everything had been migrated across.

Once the name was changed everything worked all right until the call pilot integration - seems that when you run the configuration wizard the system was getting the old name from somewhere and adding the wrong name to the host file (we have no idea at the moment why it is not using our DNS server).

Incidently the thing that started all this still wont work - call pilot will not play prompts using the access channels.

13 hours to get back to square 1!

MikeyB123

I wouldn't. Had even more problems with them. :)

There are no good support companies out there, just ones who get it right for you when it really matters. We all make mistakes at times.

Yes I work for a support comapny.

If you are using multicasting, you should go to:
MyComputer -> D: (d drive) -> Nortel -> iccm -> bin -> mrcv.exe
This will bring up a command prompt and you should see your multicast traffic, if the system is sending it out. If you can see the multicast traffic there then there is no problem with the CCMA/S. If you do not see any traffic scrolling through, then there is most likely an IP address mistake and you need to check your send and recieve address's and make sure they are in the right places.
Again, if you see multicast scrolling, there is no problem with your system, it most likely has to do with your network.

"Don't make changes until you're sure, or you could have some unintended consequences.

I had a similar problem with a ccm6. The web client rtd would start ok, and then give me that error that you are getting. I found this on Nortel's site. The thing that fixed ours was the oam timer change. I upped it to the max (40000).

The Problem Description
RTDs periodically reset to zero.

Problem Resolution
Check the following on the SCCS:
Verify the RSM IP address in Server Setup Configuration.
Check to see if it is the Same IP is used in Multi-cast Stream Control tool.
Check in D:\Nortel\iccm\bin, mRCV.ini to see if the same IP address present.
Check to see if the mRCV.exe is sending data out.
Check the HOSTS file for invalid or possible missing entries.
Check the NIC binding order (CLAN first).
Check the NIC speeds (PBX CPU related -- Intel = 100/Full, Motorola = 10/half duplex).

Check the following on the SWC:
In RTR settings, verify that IP Receive is set to match the SCCS 5.0 address.

***********Check the OAM Timeout value and possibly change it from 10000 ms to 40000. Then restart the ICERTDService.

Check the HOSTS file for invalid or possible missing entries.
Ensure the sysadmin account is being used.
Check the IISManger to see if "All Unassigned" is being used or is it possibly the SWC CLAN IP address.
If a change to the ISSManager is performed, an IISReset must be run.
Check to see if the APIPA is enabled.
Check the NIC binding order.
Check the NIC speeds.
Affected Products
Contact Center Administration CCMA 4.5blem doing this.

Whoops,,,I didn't read the whole post. Sorry for trying to help you resolve an already resolved problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back