Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CBO filters subform - Select 'ALL'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzie

MIS
Feb 16, 2001
CA
I have a combo box on a main form with the options GROUP A, GROUP B, GROUP C. These are used to filter the subform results. The subform runs on a query with the criteria FIELDX = main form combo box. How would I create an option for the user to select all records? As long as the query has the criteria, it always tries to match FIELDX to the combo box value.

Have you seen:
How do I add an <All> selection to my combo box drop-down?
faq702-4538

Yes, I've seen it and tried to apply it, but with no luck. In my table I have about 600 records, with each one in either GROUP A, GROUP B, or GROUP C. When I edit my query as suggested in the tip, it lists all 600 records in the drop down, not 3 (GROUP A, GROUP B, GROUP C) or 4 (GROUP A, GROUP B, GROUP C, ALL). When I select one of the records from the drop down, it only shows the one record in the subform. I only want the 4 options (GROUP A, GROUP B, GROUP C, ALL) in the drop down and the subform to show all relevant records. What am I doing wrong here?

Please post the SQL for the combo as you have it at the moment and as changed to include All. Perhaps someone can spot the problem.

How are ya Fonzie . . .

Perhaps this:
Change the [blue]RowSourceType[/blue] to [blue]Value List[/blue] then copy/paste the following into the [blue]RowSource[/blue]:
Code:
[blue]"All";"Group A";"Group B";"Group C"[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

. . . woops . . . and set [blue]Column Widths[/blue] to [blue]1"[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back