Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carryover EOD Sales/Payments on Aloha Checkouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccTexas

Technical User
May 18, 2006
US
My carryover sales/cash are not carrying over at EOD on Aloha checkout. This is happening on all stores above 6.4 version. My 6.2 version works properly.

The sales information carries on the EOD sales summary but not on the cash registers checkouts. It's like they are ghosts and not able to find a permanent home. When you reprint "checkouts" they are there but with the current date/time (when I am printing them out). See attached for an example of this phenomenon.

Register 304
Checkout 1/3 - 11/1/16 at 10:52 (time I printed the reports) includes only carryover sales
Checkout 2/3 - 10/4/16 at 1:43p (first audit of the date after previous DOB when register was audited at - doesn't include carryover of sales/cash/cc, although it has a line for it in payments
Checkout 3/3 - 10/5/16 at 1:39a (last audit done for DOB 10/4/16)

By adding in these carryover cash my cash over/short balances reconcile.

Background:
When I first discovered problem

1) we're 24/7 and run end of day at 5 a.m. (29:00)
2) 24 operation is flagged
3) started with 6.4 first time.
4) confirmed that the following 3 items are all at 5 a.m.: the time of first day part, end of day and open time
5) translog has been deleted (fresh translog) several times
6) even though the sales are "floating" they are recorded on the end of day sales summary
7) our "employees" are the registers. We do not use Aloha for timekeeping.

Got a couple questions.

Exactly what versions of 6.2 and 6.4 are you using?
QS or TS?
Do you check out and clock out the (dummy) employees, or do a drawer checkout?

If you could post the Aloha.ini from a store that's working and one that isn't (scrubbed for sensitive information, of course), that might help a bit, even if one is 6.2 and one is 6.4. They're a bit big text-wise, so I'd zip and post them to engineering.com if possible.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back